First Direct have recently completed a survey which confirmed the most desirable wedding gifts are gift vouchers and money. They surveyed a total of 1,924 couples and found that 35% would prefer gift vouchers or cash, with 22% preferring items listed on their wedding list. Only 19% of couples wanted their guests to choose something without any direction with the same percentage asking for no gifts at all. 3% admitted that the wedding gift they most desired was for their guests to donate to a charity special to them.
Top 5 tips for choosing the right vouchers
The bride and groom will usually suggest which gift vouchers they would like but if they haven’t specified then you can’t go wrong with our top 5…
- John Lewis Gift Vouchers allow the newlyweds to choose something nice for their home that they can treasure forever.
- Argos Gift Cards are very practical for couples who are starting out on their lives together. Whether they need a microwave, a hoover, a lawnmower or some tableware they can take their pick from Argos’ extensive range.
- Debenhams Gift Cards are popular because they can be spent on a wide range of items and pooled together to purchase a bigger item.
- Thomas Cook Gift Vouchers can be used by the newlyweds towards the honeymoon or for a later holiday.
- Local Pub, Food or Hotel Vouchers people enjoy visiting a local pub or restaurant which they perhaps would never have visited, and want to support local businesses